Tuesday 15 August 2017

Paracetamol Won't Help

ok so I haven't written a blog post in any way shape or form for a long time but this is something I wanted to get off my chest (groan...)

Last year I was diagnosed with Asthma. It's been a pain finding inhalers that actually make me feel better and control it but it's getting there.

Obviously having asthma makes you more susceptible to colds and coughs and general winter rubbish and unlike most people, who can generally get rid of them in a few days, an asthma sufferer will normally have some part of it that lingers.  For me it's a cough. It's not particularly phlegmy.  It's just irritating.

Now what has prompted this rant is something that was said to me the other day. Someone asked me if I was dosed up with lemsip and paracetamol (well to be honest they're the same thing so that would be an overdose but who am I to be a pedant). Paracetamol will not get rid of my cough. It will never get rid of my cough and to be honest paracetamol is not even designed to get rid of coughs.  Yes my cough might be annoying you and you're basically trying to be nice when actually you want to slit my threat to shut me up but don't you think it's annoying me.  There's not much I can do about it.  I can take my reliever (ventolin) but that won't necessarily get rid of it. I might make me breathe a bit easier but as I'm not having an asthma attack and I don't currently have a tight chest it will probably just make me cough more.  I could go to the doctors to get some antibiotics but again I don't feel ill and it's not really infection. It's a virus and it will run its course.  Do you not think the cough is annoying me.  It keeps me awake at night. I have to

No comments:

Post a Comment